- Thu, 17:40: @tiakall the whole world seems to be conspiring against me but if you're there, I'm on the way.
- Thu, 17:44: I doubt it. RT @farewellblind: Is there a comments section somewhere on the web that isn't like taking a shower in warm elephant vomit?
- Thu, 18:29: New Chapter of "Two by Two" is up! https://t.co/xkgbJhShaW #Castle #FanFiction #WIP @CastleFicathon 2014 @CFPromoter
- Thu, 19:50: RT @TinkonBrink: Reading fanfic: Chapter 6 Atlantic by honeyandvodka https://t.co/c2gdPzBmw5
- Mon, 13:31: Dear People, You are officially annoying me today. All of you. No Love, -C
- Mon, 17:01: RT @sheologian: Thinking about minor league baseball & thinking about social justice are *not* mutually exclusive. This is a very good thin…
- Tue, 06:06: RT @FICTIONPRESS: http://t.co/IqVFgtpPL3 is now on Google Play Store! If you are still awake...go get it... http://t.co/Q2kR4hJWxW
- Tue, 07:35: RT @11AliveNews: #OstrichWatch has come to an end! The bird was captured on I-20 in Douglas County. http://t.co/kHhHHKAef0.
- Tue, 17:09: Ooh! Tiny Doors ATL http://t.co/Ie3M6EWtMt
- Tue, 17:30: 140 characters can't even begin to list the problems with this op-ed. Tweeting so I have the link to respond later. http://t.co/mjHAIT4kP0
- Wed, 07:31: Next Chapter of "Two by Two" is up! https://t.co/DsGH1PvSe6 #Castle #FanFiction #WIP @CastleFicathon 2014 @CFPromoter
- Mon, 20:10: Holy cow that Amber Alert tone scared the CRAP out of me. But that's what it's supposed to do...get your attention. #fb
- Mon, 20:11: Get the word out! #AmberAlert... Atlanta Ga. Lic plate PLC7405 on 2004 White Ford Super Duty Truck http://t.co/W85FoAKdsT
- Mon, 23:02: RT @CleverDever: The moment #Castle fans have been waiting for: Epic selfie #1. #CastleSeasonFinale http://t.co/RncoVgiZfL
- Mon, 23:07: Please #Amazon post this ep of #Castle quickly! Want to see what all the happys are about.
- Mon, 23:23: RT @jfdulac: The Curiosity Mars rover caught a stunning blue sunset on the Red Planet http://t.co/deilOTxVjI http://t.co/uiHpgeFiyq
- Mon, 23:37: RT @awirshing: @NathanFillion if #firefly fans are #Browncoats what are #castle fans called? #sportcoats ?
- Mon, 23:38: This one is amazing. RT @CFPromoter: #Castle #fanfic “Feeling of Being” by @katebcktt #oneshot #FicRec Rated: T <https://t.co/d8mR1qgenG>
- Tue, 05:24: Woke up and it was posted to Amazon already! And yes the #CastleFinale was awesome and amazing and perfect. Worth getting up for.
- Tue, 05:29: RT @Ritutsch: @AndrewWMarlowe @TerriEdda Thank you for a brilliant episode. Great tribute to seven years of excellence. Instant classic #Ca…
- Tue, 05:30: RT @Castle_ABC: Happy Manniversary, Espo and Ryan! @seamusdever @Jon_Huertas #CastleFinale #Castle
- Thu, 17:15: A couple of coworkers may or may not have found out my fanfic handle today... #ohshit
- Thu, 20:19: Currently attending: the Facebook launch party for #Angelhood https://t.co/RnTC6jMOKA Check it out!
- Fri, 06:02: It's a good morning when the clock radio comes on and the song is "Pour Some Sugar on Me." #80sKid #awesome #fb
- Tue, 19:45: Next Chapter of "Two by Two" is up; we're at the halfway point now. #Castle #FanFiction @CFPromoter @CastleFicathon https://t.co/R0paJ0Spfg
- Tue, 20:09: MT @theologybird @AmyFromABC2 After spending the entire day on opp sides of road, police, citizens pray together http://t.co/x8DLonQFWF
- Tue, 20:40: Somehow the wires uncrossed; the tables were turned. Never knew I had such a lesson to learn... #lyrics
I took some time off this past week, but largely for budget reasons I simply stayed in town and used the time to warm up the new camera I indulged in for my fortieth birthday. Since my intent was learning the camera instead of pure exploration, I ended up doing this at a couple of places where I’ve shot before: Midtown Atlanta and the Johns Creek Environmental Campus.
It’d been a while since I had been outside that much — in fact, I got a bit of a sunburn — and while I enjoyed it, going out exploring reminded me of a couple of things. First, I remembered that I like being in urban environments. Second, I remembered that I’ve never really given Atlanta a fair consideration with respect to whether or not I wanted to stay here long term…despite the fact that, at this point, I’ve lived in the Atlanta Metro area longer than I lived in the Research Triangle area (which I’ve always tended to think of as “home”).
The third thing that happened was a sharp reminder that I’m very close to ending up in an elder care situation right now, and once again, instead of thinking about moving back to North Carolina to deal with it, I found myself pushing very hard for the person in question to consider relocation to the Atlanta area. This served as a reminder of a conversation, not too long after my birthday, where I mentioned to someone that I’ve been ready to put down roots for a couple of years now and would really like to get started with doing it.
( Read the rest of this entry »Collapse )
Originally posted at http://lcd.sonria.org/2015/rethinking-an